Prospective Jurors are not required to appear for the following date/time:
- September 21 at 1 p.m.
- September 22 at 1 p.m.
- September 23 at 1 p.m.
- September 24 at 8 a.m.
Prospective Jurors must appear as summoned for the following date/time:
- September 21 at 8 a.m.
- September 22 at 8 a.m.
- September 23 at 8 a.m.
Jury service is an important civic and community duty. Through service on a jury, a citizen has a direct hand in the administration of justice.
The court greatly appreciates citizens who participate in this service.
To serve as a juror, the following qualifications must be met:
- At least 18 years of age.
- A citizen of the United States;
- A resident of this state and of the county in which I am to serve as a juror;
- Qualified to serve under the Constitution and laws to vote in this county. (Note: You do not have to be registered to vote to be qualified to vote)
- Of sound mind and good moral character.
- Able to read and write.
- Have not served as a juror for six days during the preceding three months in the county court or during the preceding six months in the district court
- Have not been convicted of theft or any felony.
- Not under indictment or other legal accusation of a misdemeanor theft, felony theft or any other felony charge.
- A resident of the City of Sugar Land for which the court is established.
A Message from Judge Landin regarding Jury Service.
The city has a backlog of cases pending a jury trial and needs YOUR help to get through them. If you have received a summons for in-person jury duty, please be sure you fulfill your duty as a Sugar Land resident and attend!
To claim an exemption from jury service, complete the jury service response form. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the court during regular business hours using the phone number listed below.
Any juror summons related question can be submitted via:
- Email: Court Clerk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Phone: 281-275-2560
Juror’s names are selected from current voter registration lists. If you were summoned and you no longer reside in Sugar Land, contact the voter registration office to have your named removed from their list. Visit Fort Bend Voter Registration Services for more information.