Hosting a Special Event in Sugar Land
Bring your event to Sugar Land! Whether for fewer than 100 or more than 10,000, Sugar Land is sure to have a perfect location for your event.
For Events at City Parks
- Applicants must agree to follow the City of Sugar Land’s Non Standard Reservation Policies.
- Applicants must submit a Non Standard Reservation Request Form at least 45 days prior to the desired reservation date (submission instructions are included on the form).
For more information, contact Sugar Land Parks & Recreation by emailing or calling us at 281-275-2885.
For Events at Other Sugar Land Locations
On any given weekend in Sugar Land, you can attend a professional baseball game at Constellation Field, immerse yourself in another culture by attending a festival at The Crown Festival Park at Sugar Land, catch a concert under the stars at the plaza in Sugar Land Town Square, or test your endurance at any of the recurring 5ks.
Event producers interested in hosting a Special Event in Sugar Land must follow the link to our online portal (below) and create an account in order to fill in a special event permit application.
For more information about the City's Special Event permitting process, please click here.
The Citizen Self Service Portal is now available.
- Access the portal at: www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS
- More information on CSS including user guides is available at: www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSSLive
What you need to know
- In order to be able to start any new application, you will have to register in the new CSS portal.
- New submittals (except for liquor licensing) will only be accepted online through the CSS portal. No hardcopy/paper documentation or USB flash drives will be accepted at City Hall or any other location.
Accessing an existing application, permit, or plan
- Registration on the CSS portal is required. Please follow the registration process.
- Once you have registered, your existing application(s) will need to be linked to your account
- Send a request via email that includes name, email, phone number, company name (if applicable), and permit or plan number(s).
- After your existing application(s) are linked, you will be able to pay invoices, schedule inspections, check the status of permit and plan reviews, resubmit to address review comments and receive your permit through the CSS Portal.
Payment of Invoices/Fees
- Invoice payments for any new submittals will only be accepted through the CSS portal.
- American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa credit/debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Check your email spam/junk folder!Please be sure to check your spam or junk email folder for emails regarding your account and submittal.
We want to hear from you!Share with us your experience with the new Citizen Self Service Portal.
Watch the introductory video
- Go to www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS and click on the "Login or Register" button.