Land Disturbance Permit

A Land Disturbance Permit is required for any land disturbance activity impacting 1 acre or more of land and less than 1 acre of land that is part of a larger Common Plan of Development or sale that will result in disturbance of 1 or more acres.

Submittal Requirements for Land Disturbance Permit

  • Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), in accordance with Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES)
  • Notice of Intent (NOI), if site is greater than 5 acres.
  • Construction Site Notice (CSN)


Application Fee - $107.25

Submittal Process

The Land Disturbance Permit Application is on the City of Sugar Land's CSS page. Visit the Development Application Handbook page for further instructions.

Requirements After Approval

The Permittee Shall:

  • Not begin land disturbance activities until a pre-construction meeting has been conducted with the Engineering and Storm Water Departments.
  • Obtain a ROW Permit from the Public Works Department if work is performed within City right-of-way (ROW).
  • Have this permit and accompanying construction plans at the job site at all times.
  • Install erosion and sediment control BMPs prior to beginning work on site.
  • Implement the approved plans throughout the site.
  • If BMP’s need maintenance, repair, or replacement, then perform task as soon as possible within the time limit set by the City inspector, or a Stop Work Order may be issued until task is completed and re-inspected.
  • Install additional measures at the direction of the City due to changed site conditions, BMP ineffectiveness or BMP failure as soon as possible within the time limit set by the City inspector, or a Stop Work Order may be issued until the task is completed and re-inspected.
  • Send inspection reports to the City of Sugar Land Storm Water Program at least bi-monthly via email (
  • Revise the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and site map when changes are made on site.
  • Send Notice of Termination to the City when the site reaches permanent stabilization.
  • Develop a maintenance plan for post-construction storm water controls,and that maintenance will be conducted accordingly. A copy of the Fort Bend County recorded maintenance plan and documentation of maintenance activities will be available upon request and maintained on the property at all times.For more information,please see the document Post-Construction Storm Water Site Management Acknowledgment and Inspection Form.