Development Application Handbook
The Development Application Handbook is the official document that states the procedures and requirements for the submittal and review of the subdivision and development of land in the City of Sugar Land and its extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ) as authorized in the Development Code of the City of Sugar Land.
All applications, checklists, and submittal schedules for development can be found in the Development Application Handbook.
To provide applicants an opportunity to present their project to city staff, who then provides feedback to applicants on the project to clarify submittal expectations and specific code requirements.
Plan Submittals Accepted Only in Electronic Format
Beginning November 5, 2018 plan submittals will only be accepted in electronic format. Paper copy of submittals will no longer be accepted.
Only the application itself will be in paper copy. Updated applications are now online.
For questions regarding electronic plans submittal, contact the Planning Department at 281-275-2218.
- Purpose of Development Application Handbook
- Overview of Development Process, Pre-Development Meetings and Submittal Procedures
- Flow Chart: Development Process- Commercial
- Flow Chart: Development Process- Residential
- Zoning Types and Procedures
- Conversion Table from Legacy SIC Manual to Permitted Uses and Parking Schedule
- Flow Chart: Rezoning & Conditional Use Permit Process
- Standard Rezoning Application
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Application
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Telecommunications Towers & Antennas Application
- Planned Development District Information
- Flow Chart: Planned Development District
- Planned Development District Application
- General Land Plan Information
- Flow Chart: General Land Plan Process
- General Land Plan Checklist
- General Land Plan Application
- Plat Information
- Flow Chart: Plat Process for Planning & Zoning
- Flow Chart: Administrative Plat Process
- Planning & Zoning Commission Plat Submittal Schedule
- Plat Application
- Preliminary Plat Checklist
- Final Plat Checklist
- Official Master Notes List for Final Plats in the ETJ & City Limits of Sugar Land
- Plat Recordation Checklist
- Site Plan Package Information
- Flow Chart: Site Plan Process
- Site Plan Package Application Commercial & Multi-family Residential
- Site Plan Package Checklist
- Site Plan Package Application Townhomes
- Public Infrastructure Construction Plans Information
- Public Infrastructure Construction Plans Application
- Public Infrastructure Construction Plans Checklist
- Specific Approval Request Application
- Building Permits Information
- Special Exception Information
- Special Exception Submittal Schedule
- Special Exception Application
- Variance Information
- Variance Application