- Mayor & City Council
- Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
The application for 2022-2023 MYAC session is now open. Deadline extended; Applications are being accepted until Monday, October 3, 11:59 pm.
The Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council aims to empower youth to become active members in their community by providing variety of opportunities to have an everlasting effect on the future of their city through local government and public service.
Requirements for Consideration
- Must be an incoming high school junior for 2022-2023.
- Must reside within the corporate city limits of Sugar Land or its ETJ. Please confirm your eligibility by visiting www.sugarlandtx.gov/myneighborhood or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must commit to attend all MYAC sessions and events.
- Must complete the full application process.
Enrollment is limited and diversity is sought in class makeup. Selected applicants will be offered an interview. Acceptance will be based on:
- Final Evaluation
1. Online Application
Applicants must complete an online application. Click here to apply!
- Registered Serve Sugar Land volunteers:
- Start with the box "I already have a username"
- Enter your username and password
- Click on Login and Continue
- For new system users:
- Register under the "I am new to MyImpactPage.com" box.
- Enter a username and email
- Click on Save and Continue
2. Parent and Student Forms
Fill out and upload the MYAC Agreement within the online application.
*Please note that students who meet all requirements for consideration will take part in a virtual group interview session. The group interviews are tentatively scheduled for October 10th at 4:30 PM. Attendance at the interview session is mandatory to be considered for the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council.
MYAC Code of ConductA community-wide initiative to reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes among all Sugar Land teen residents and visitors.
I pledge to join the City of Sugar Land in being a role model community where we all respectfully and harmoniously live, work, shop and play, and to encourage personal responsibility and a commitment to ensuring Sugar Land remains a community of respect, embracing and celebrating our diversity.
Therefore, I promise to:
- Be a caring citizen, always looking out for and supporting others.
- Respect and listen to those in authority.
- Be considerate of the environment and the property of others.
- Be respectful in my behavior and attitude by not being disorderly, disruptive, or using inappropriate language.
- Choose not to engage in behaviors or acts harmful or offensive to others or myself.
- Always be brave, steadfast, and stand up for and speak up for what is right.