Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
Applications for 2023-2024 MYAC are now closed. Please check back next school year for the 2024-2025 class.
The Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council aims to empower youth to become active members in their community by providing a variety of opportunities to have an everlasting effect on the future of their city through local government and public service.
Requirements for Consideration
- Must be an incoming high school junior for 2023-2024.
- Must reside within the corporate city limits of Sugar Land or its ETJ. Please confirm your eligibility by visiting www.sugarlandtx.gov/myneighborhood or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must commit to attend all MYAC sessions and events.
- Must complete the full application process.
Enrollment is limited and diversity is sought in class makeup. Selected applicants will be offered an interview. Acceptance will be based on:
- Final Evaluation
1. Online Application
Applicants must complete an online application. Click here to apply!
- Registered to Serve Sugar Land volunteers:
- Start with the box "I already have a username"
- Enter your username and password
- Click on Login and Continue
- For new system users:
- Register under the "I am new to MyImpactPage.com" box.
- Enter a username and email
- Click on Save and Continue
2. Parent and Student Forms
Fill out and upload the MYAC Agreement within the online application.
*Please note that students who meet all requirements for consideration will take part in a virtual group interview session. The group interviews are tentatively scheduled for October 9th at 4:30 PM. Attendance at the interview session is mandatory to be considered for the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council.
MYAC Code of Conduct
A community-wide initiative to reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes among all Sugar Land teen residents and visitors.
I pledge to join the City of Sugar Land in being a role model community where we all respectfully and harmoniously live, work, shop and play, and to encourage personal responsibility and a commitment to ensuring Sugar Land remains a community of respect, embracing and celebrating our diversity.
Therefore, I promise to:
- Be a caring citizen, always looking out for and supporting others.
- Respect and listen to those in authority.
- Be considerate of the environment and the property of others.
- Be respectful in my behavior and attitude by not being disorderly, disruptive, or using inappropriate language.
- Choose not to engage in behaviors or acts harmful or offensive to others or myself.
- Always be brave, steadfast, and stand up for and speak up for what is right.