Do I need to license and/or register my pet?

At this time the City of Sugar Land does not have a license or registration program. State law does require that all dogs and cats over 4 months of age be current on their rabies vaccination. The city does require the rabies tag be displayed on your pet’s collar.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to adopt a dog, a cat, or other pet from the shelter?
2. Do I need to license and/or register my pet?
3. Does Animal Services provide traps for nuisance animals and/or wildlife?
4. What is the shelter's approach to TNR (Trap, Neuter and Release)?
5. What is the shelter's position on "No Kill"?
6. What should I do if I find a snake in my house or yard?
7. What other animal services agencies are there in the area?
8. What if I found a deceased animal?
9. Does the shelter offer veterinary services?