The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) will be starting a 13-month-long reconstruction project on the main lanes of the HWY 59 bridge at Oyster Creek on January 13, 2023. TxDOT’s project will require lane closures in order to setup up new traffic configurations as their project progresses.
First Closure (HWY59 Southbound)
- January 13, 2023 at 9 p.m. until the evening of January 14
- All southbound lanes will close near the Oyster Creek bridge area.
- Southbound traffic will exit to the frontage road towards HWY 6 and allowed to re-enter HWY59 before HWY 6.
Second Closure (HWY59 Northbound)
- Starting on the evening of January 14 (immediately following opening of southbound lanes) and expected to reopen on January 15
- All northbound lanes will close near the Oyster Creek bridge area.
- Northbound traffic will exit to the frontage road towards Williams Trace Blvd. and allowed to re-enter HWY59 before Williams Trace Blvd.
Traffic control personnel will be available to manage traffic during these closures. Once the transition is complete, there will be four main lanes in each direction over the Oyster Creek bridge and no HOV and shoulder lanes over the bridge area.
see larger map
Residents are asked to be mindful of work crews, expect traffic delays, and when possible, avoid the area to prevent traffic congestion. Visit its.sugarlandtx.gov for more information on Sugar Land travel time data. Additional information about this project can be found on TxDOT’s project tracker website.