Water Bill Payment Options
Automatic Bank Draft
A convenient way to pay your water bill each month is to sign up for Automatic Bank Drafting. There is no cost to you, and your payment will be automatically drafted on the Friday before the due date each month. You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your water usage.
- To apply: print and complete the application form, or contact a customer service representative at 281-275-2750 for more information.
- To cancel: print and complete the cancellation form, or contact a customer service representative at 281-275-2750 for more information.
A convenient way to pay your water bill each month is to sign up for Automatic Credit Card Payments. There is no cost to you, and your payment will be automatically drafted on the due date each month. You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your water usage.
- To enroll: please login to your account, and click on Auto Pay to add credit card information.
The new online payment platform is now live.
Online Water Payments
A simple, convenient, and secure way of viewing and paying water and wastewater bills online. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. To access this service, your browser must support 128-bit encryption.
I was enrolled on auto-pay with a credit card, what do I need to do to pay my bill if it is due in September now that the new payment system is live?
For the payment due in September you will have three options to handle your balance due:
What to expect
Required Browsers: Internet Explorer 7/8, Firefox 3, Chrome 10+, Safari 5. Difficulties may arise from using other browsers.
Pay By Phone: The Treasury's automated phone system provide utility account information and accepts credit card payments. Call 281-275-2750 and enter your utility account number.
Mail Payment to:
City of Sugar Land
P.O. Box 5029
Sugar Land, TX 77487-5029
Pay in Person at City Hall Drop Box
Sugar Land City Hall is located at:
2700 Town Center Blvd. N.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
The City is currently waiving late fees on utility accounts. Payments can be made online or through the dropbox in the City Hall parking lot. Receipts are mailed upon request. If making a payment through the dropbox:
- the dropbox will be checked approximately every two hours on regular business days, with the last check occurring at 3 p.m.
- An additional check of the dropbox will be made at the end of business if a holiday occurs the next day
Due to Covid-19 and to comply with social distancing in-person visits inside city hall are by appointment only. Learn more about scheduling an appointment. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding City holidays.
Payment drop boxes are located in the parking lot of these seven city facilities, located throughout the city.
Your water bill will look a little different soon
Starting August, 9, you may notice some changes to the look of your water bill.
Water Bill Changes - Highlights
- The size of your bill will now be a full sheet of paper, arrive in an envelope, and will include a return envelope.
- You will now be able to see your consumption history on your bill.
- Delinquent notices will also go from a carbon copy to a full-sized paper, inside an envelope.
- Late fees will not be charged during this transition.
What hasn't changed?
- The time your bill is issued.
- Your account number (though your customer number and account number will be separated into two different fields).
- You will not have to make any changes to electronic bills, credit card auto-pay, and automatic bank draft.
- You will still contact Treasury for questions about your bill or delinquent notices.
- Payment options.
Want to receive your water bill electronically?
It is an easy and convenient way to receive your water bill each month. Simply click the link and complete the e-Bill sign up form. Sign up for e-Billing
Looking to save money?
Water conservation is an easy way to save money. A few small changes can lead to a possible savings on the wastewater portion of your bill. Visit the water savings tips page for more details.
How is your wastewater cap calculated?
For residential customers, wastewater volume charges for April through the following March are based on the lesser of:
- average monthly water usage as billed in the most recent February and March months
- twelve thousand gallons
If you have any questions, contact 281-275-2750.
Utility Assistance Program
The City has a Utility Assistance Program that is distributed through Fort Bend Social Services. To learn more about possible assistance, email or you can call 281-403-8050 or 281-238-3502.
Do you use your bank's pay service?
If you use your bank's bill pay service, please note:
- Some banks actually print out a check and then mail it to our office
- We strongly suggest that you allow sufficient time for your bank's check process and mailing, in order for the check to reach our offices and avoid a late fee.
- When setting up this service, your City of Sugar Land account number should include all numbers, including the dash.
You can also pay with a credit card, online and over the phone, and pay no fee. All payment options are available below.