Water Bill Payment Options
Looking to save money?
Water conservation is an easy way to save money. A few small changes can lead to a possible savings on the wastewater portion of your bill. Visit the water savings tips page for more details.
How is your wastewater cap calculated?
For residential customers, wastewater volume charges for April through the following March are based on the lesser of:
- average monthly water usage as billed in the most recent February and March months
- twelve thousand gallons
If you have any questions, contact 281-275-2750.
Do you use your bank's pay service?
If you use your bank's bill pay service, please note:
- Some banks actually print out a check and then mail it to our office
- We strongly suggest that you allow sufficient time for your bank's check process and mailing, in order for the check to reach our offices and avoid a late fee.
- When setting up this service, your City of Sugar Land account number should include all numbers, including the dash.
You can also pay with a credit card, online and over the phone, and pay no fee. All payment options are available below.
Want to receive your water bill electronically?
It is an easy and convenient way to receive your water bill each month. Simply click the link and complete the e-Bill sign up form. Sign up for e-Billing
Regular Payment Options
A convenient way to pay your water bill each month is to sign up for Automatic Bank Drafting. There is no cost to you, and your payment will be automatically drafted on the Friday before the due date each month. You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your water usage.
- To apply: print and complete the application form, or contact a customer service representative at 281-275-2750 for more information.
- To cancel: print and complete the cancellation form, or contact a customer service representative at 281-275-2750 for more information.
- ** Please note: if you are currently enrolled in Automatic Credit Card Payments, you must cancel your enrollment (that may include a pending payment that will need to be removed) before enrolling in Automatic Bank Draft. See below information on how to cancel automatic credit card payments. To remove a pending payment, contact a customer service representative at 281-275-2750.
Automatic Credit Card Payments
A convenient way to pay your water bill each month is to sign up for Automatic Credit Card Payments. There is no cost to you, and your payment will be automatically drafted on the Friday before the due date each month. You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your water usage.
** Please note: if you are currently enrolled in Automatic Bank Draft, you must print and complete the cancellation form first and allow 5 business days for your account to be removed from Bank Draft before enrolling in Automatic Credit Card Payments.
- To enroll: please login to your account, and click on Auto Pay to add credit card information.
- To cancel: please login to your account, click on Auto Pay, then Modify Enrollment, and then delete.
- ** Please note: if you have a pending payment, you will not be able to cancel your automatic credit card payments. You can call 281-275-2750 to have your pending payment removed and then continue with the cancellation.
Online Water PaymentsA simple, convenient, and secure way of viewing and paying water and wastewater bills online. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. To access this service, your browser must support 128-bit encryption.
Questions?In order to use online bill pay, you must complete the following:
Required Browsers: Internet Explorer 7/8, Firefox 3, Chrome 10+, Safari 5. Difficulties may arise from using other browsers.
Pay By Phone: The Treasury's automated phone system provide utility account information and accepts credit card payments. Call 281-275-2750 and enter your utility account number.
Mail Payment to:
City of Sugar Land
P.O. Box 5029
Sugar Land, TX 77487-5029
Pay in Person
Sugar Land City Hall is located at:
2700 Town Center Blvd. N.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding City holidays.
Payment drop boxes are located in the parking lot of these seven city facilities, located throughout the city.