What is the City of Sugar Land doing?
WHAT IS THE CITY OF SUGAR LAND DOING?
- Dr. Joe Anzaldua, Sugar Land’s public health authority, continues to work closely with local, state and Federal health officials responding to the worldwide outbreak of COVID-19.
- The city has created this webpage to provide information resources for citizens. The authoritative resources for official information continue to be local health departments, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Sugar Land’s public health authority and emergency management professionals are participating in daily briefings with the state to ensure we have the latest information. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- We have activated our Emergency Operations Center, and we’re currently at an elevated readiness level.
- The city is updating and reviewing emergency management protocols to ensure continuity of operations.
- We’ve implemented community mitigation measures such as suspending service at bars, limiting restaurant operations, closing the rec center and senior center and canceling city sponsored events and activities. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Safely and strategically restarting and revitalizing all aspects of the Lone Star State—work, school, entertainment, and culture.
Update: Effective May 18
These services are subject to recommended minimum standard health protocols outlined by DSHS. These protocols are available on the Open Texas webpage.
- Child Care Centers
- Child Care Families
- Massage and Personal-Care, Beauty Services
- Massage and Personal-Care, Beauty Service Customers
- Youth Clubs
- Youth Club Participants
- Youth Sports Operators
- Youth Sports Families
- Gyms / Exercise Facilities (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Manufacturers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Office-Based Employers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Office-Based Employees (Updated May 18, 2020)
Effective May 22
- Bowling Alleys, Bingo Halls, Simulcasting, Skating Rinks
- Rodeo / Equestrian Events
- Zoos, Aquariums, Natural Caverns
Effective May 31
- Day Youth Camp Operators
- Overnight Youth Camp Operators
- Professional Sports Without In-Person Spectators
Emergency Notification System
Sign up and ensure you receive urgent community alerts from the City of Sugar Land.
Emergency Preparedness Guide
A comprehensive guide on what to do before, during, and after an emergency situation.
Infographic - Preventing the Spread
Downloadable informational flyer on steps to take to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.