Forms & Applications
The Citizen Self Service Portal is now available.The Citizen Self Service portal moves permits, license, and plan submittal processes to convenient online intake only.
What you need to know
- In order to be able to start any new application, you will have to register in the new CSS portal.
- New submittals (except for liquor licensing) will only be accepted online through the CSS portal. No hardcopy/paper documentation or USB flash drives will be accepted at City Hall or any other location.
Accessing an existing application, permit, or plan
- Registration on the CSS portal is required. Please follow the registration process.
- Once you have registered, your existing application(s) will need to be linked to your account
- Send a request via email that includes name, email, phone number, company name (if applicable), and permit or plan number(s).
- After your existing application(s) are linked, you will be able to pay invoices, schedule inspections, check the status of permit and plan reviews, resubmit to address review comments and receive your permit through the CSS Portal.
Payment of Invoices/Fees
- Invoice payments for any new submittals will only be accepted through the CSS portal.
- American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa credit/debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
We want to hear from you!Share with us your experience with the new Citizen Self Service Portal.
Watch the introductory video
- Go to www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS and click on the "Login or Register" button.
- Backflow Prevention Certification Report Form
- Building Permit — Information Packet
- Homestead Exemption
- Driveway Specifications
- Request for Temporary Utilities (TCI Letter)
- Residential Generator Rebate
- Residential Pre-Release for Electricity
- Residential Swimming Pool Guidelines
- Add my address to the No Solicitation List
Generator Permit Rebate Program
The city is offering a rebate to homeowners for certain permit fees associated with the installation of a permanent standby generator at their home.
- How the Program Works
Update: City Council recently modified deadlines to qualify for the rebate program. Check out the updated program qualifications and requirements.
- Residential Generator Rebate Application
- Permit Requirements
If you're thinking about getting a new residential home generator know the permit requirement before you start.