Council Member Naushad Kermally
Naushad and his wife came to Sugar Land 25 years ago. Naushad has a long history of service to Sugar Land. They purchased a home in New Territory 25 years ago, prior to New Territory being annexed by the City of Sugar Land. Naushad and his wife, Narmin, have 3 children, all in college. His oldest son, Adam, graduated from Penn State University and is working on his Masters at HBU. His princess, Arianna, is studying at Austin College in Sherman, Texas; and his baby, Aaron, is a sophomore at SMU in Dallas. He started his career as a Trauma and Critical Care Nurse at Ben Taub Hospital. In 1997 he took his expertise to Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. After a career in the medical field, he transitioned careers and joined a mobile technology startup company in 1999. That company has since grown from its local roots to a national leader in the wireless industry, and Mr. Kermally serves as the Executive Vice President.
Councilman Kermally is excited to serve the community in which he and his family live, work, and play. Councilman Kermally has worked on many different committees during his time on City Council, including Sugar Land 4B Corporation, Sugar Land Development Corporation, Economic Development Committee, and Finance and Audit Committee.
Civic & Community
- Graduate of both Sugar Land 101 and the Citizens Police Academy.Currently serving on the board of Child Advocates of Fort Bend.
- Graduate of the Fort Bend Chamber Leadership program.
- Former Telfair HOA neighborhood delegate.
- Formerly served on the City’s Taskforce for the Parks Bond, Zoning Board of Adjustments, and the Independent Ethics Review Board.
- He has also made the time to coach his children’s basketball and soccer teams in the First Colony and New Territory sports leagues
TermMay 2021 - May 2024
Business & Professional
- Executive Vice President of Mobile Technology Startup.