Looking to the Future - City Council Task Force
In July 2017, the city created a City Council Task Force in order to prepare for a planned animal shelter expansion project.
The City Council task force consists of two City Council members and have four main charges:
- Review and recommend Animal Advisory Board members
- Review recommendations from the Animal Advisory Board
- Make recommendations to City Council regarding the policies and procedures of the animal shelter
- Educate community and groups regarding the City’s Animal Shelter programs
In addition, the board's membership expanded to eleven members, and their duties were expanded to include:
- Review of policies, programs and practices of the current animal shelter
- Review animal capacity calculations and animal population trends
- Review and recommend policies, programs and practices for implementation in the new animal shelter
- Determine the shelter program needs versus wants and identify budget needs of each
- Recommend funding options for the programming of space
- Recommend a capital campaign for the new animal shelter
More information about the board's activities and this project is available online.