- Mayor & City Council
- At Large 2
At Large Position 2
Council Member Jennifer J. LaneMayor Pro Tem and Council Member Lane is a lifetime resident of Fort Bend County and a very proud granddaughter of the men and women who worked at our city’s iconic Imperial Sugar Company. A 20-year resident of Greatwood, as a mom and community advocate, Jennifer Lane knows Sugar Land.
As an avid supporter of the well-being of the community, and for front-line workers, Jennifer Lane has been committed to prioritizing issues, representing and working with board members and elected officials, and is a champion of honoring Sugar Land’s best interest.
Jennifer has nearly 10-years of experience as a Human Resource Administrator, working in industries that include the arts, manufacturing, software and consulting, and the medical field.
Jennifer continues to enjoy raising her family and supporting all things Sugar Land.
TermMay 2022 - May 2025
Civic and Community Involvement
- Sugar Land Heritage Foundation, Board Member
- Imperial Sugar Land Lions Club, Member
- Lamar CISD 2020 Citizens Bond Advisory Committee, Member
- Fort Bend County Fair Exceptional Rodeo Volunteer
- St Theresa Catholic Church, Former Volunteer
- Sweetwater Surfers Swim Team, Former Board Member
- Reading Junior High School PTO, Former President
City Council Committees
- Sugar Land 4B Corporation Member, October 2022 - September 2024
- Finance/Audit Committee
- Intergovernmental Relations Committee
- BA in Business from LeTourneau University