Fines and Payments

Fines and payments owed to the Sugar Land Municipal Court can be settled through payment options such as making a payment at the court lobby windows, making a payment online or by telephone; entering into a payment plan; getting an extension to pay; or by community service.  You can also settle your fines and payments to the court by submitting jail time credit, entering into a deferred disposition/probation, or qualifying for a driving safety course.  

Making A Payment

Payments can be made at the court lobby windows, online, or by telephone. If more time is needed to pay, an extension or a payment plan can be arranged.  By special permission from the Judge, community service can be performed in lieu of payment.  


  1. If making a payment on the weekend or after 5:00 PM M-F be aware that a warrant removal process may take 1-3 days to be reflected in our system.  Keep your payment receipt with you at all times during this period
  2. Use of the payment services to pay a fine (in accordance with Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Art. 27.14 (c)), constitutes a finding of guilty in open court as though a plea of no contest was entered by the defendant and constitutes a waiver of a jury trial in writing.
  3. Paying your fine will result in a conviction reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
  4. Payment transactions made online or via automated phone system are subject to additional service fees. 
    • A $4 credit card processing fee and a $1-$3.50 technology fee applies to each transaction. Fees are based on the type of payment or process requested online. 
  5. Your appearance in court will be waived if fines are paid prior to the court date shown on the ticket.

Online Payments

The online payments service can be used for payment of traffic fines, Class C misdemeanors, parking citations, paying a warrant in full, and requesting a driving safety course.  When requesting a driving safety course, go to the main menu and visit the Driving Safety Course webpage.  If you do not follow the instruction carefully, you could pay your ticket in full which will result in a conviction.  The proper amounts to pay are listed on the Driving Safety Course webpage.  See the last section on this page for more Drivers Safety Course information.  Use this link to go directly to the online payment service.  

Telephone Payments

Telephone payments can be made by using a debit card or credit card through the telephone payment processing service.  A service processing fee will apply. Note, you will not be able to obtain a receipt for your automated phone payment.  The phone number for this service is (281) 275-2390.  

Extensions & Payment Plans

See more information on the process for requesting extensions and payment plans.

Community Service

Community Service, when approved by the Judge, can be used in lieu of payment. Community Service must be performed at one of the locations listed in the Approved Community Service Agencies. There are two lists of agencies. One for adults and another for juveniles.

**REMEMBER, community service must be pre-approved, before you perform your service. .

Request for Jail Time Served

Effective September 1, 2021, if you have an unpaid balance or if you are found guilty of an offense in this Court, you may be entitled to credit toward what you owe for any time that you have been confined in jail or prison for another offense that occurred after the date of your offense in this Court. If you believe you are entitled to this credit for time served, you should submit a Request for Time Served so that your time of confinement in jail or prison can be verified. 

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that the Court has received your request for credit for time served.  It is also the responsibility of the individual to follow-up with the Court and check the status of the request for time served.

After completing the form, you may submit the form by email to, in person at the court lobby windows, via mail, or via drop box (located at the end of the sidewalk in front of the municipal court building).

Deferred Disposition (Probation)

Learn more about and how to request a deferred disposition/probation.

Driver’s Safety Course

To settle your court payments and keep a citation off your record, you may apply for a driver’s safety course.  You can apply to take a driver’s safety course at the Court Lobby Windows or online. Visit the Driver’s Safety Course page for more information.