Safe Return Program
The Safe Return was implemented by the Sugar Land Police Department in order to assist us during encounters with members of the community having special needs. This includes persons who are non-verbal or affected by: Autism, Alzheimer's, Dementia, or some other mental/intellectual disability. The program evolved from discussions between Sugar Land Police Officers and local parents. When seconds count in an emergency situation, the Safe Return Program registry allows first responders to have access to critical information designed to help safely reunite families of registered participants.
How does the Safe Return Program work?Participation in the Safe Return Program is completely voluntary and free. An application must be submitted to the Sugar Land Police Department annually. Eligibility includes:
- Participant or guardian is a resident of Sugar Land
- Participant attends school within the Sugar Land Police Department jurisdiction
- Participant may be unable to communicate basic personal information due to a diagnosed medical disorder.
- Participant is prone to wander away or runaway from guardians, residence or school due to a diagnosed medical disorder.
- Guardians voluntarily submit a completed application and photo with all required medical information.
EnrollmentDownload and print the form (complete the entire form, if an area is not applicable please indicate N/A). Return to:
Sugar Land Police Department - Records Division
1200 State Hwy 6
Sugar Land, Texas 77478
If you have any questions, contact Peggy Heinemeyer at 281-275-2326