Planning & Zoning Commission
||September 30, 2024
|Taylor Landin||Vice Chair||September 30, 2024
|Fareena Dawood||Commissioner||September 30, 2024
|Apurva Parikh||Commissioner||September 30, 2024
|Sapana Patel||Commissioner||September 30, 2024
|Mary Smith||Commissioner||September 30, 2025
||Commissioner||September 30, 2025
||September 30, 2025
EstablishmentThe Planning and Zoning Commission was established by City Charter and approved by Sugar Land City Council January 17, 1981.
PurposeTo make recommendations to City Council concerning the use of land and other planning functions pursuant to state law and to promote orderly development; to serve as advisory concerning master plans and changes to the zoning plan; and to protect the general welfare and interest of the people concerning physical changes in the city and in the extraterritorial jurisdiction.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesOrdinance No. 1178, § 1, 6-15-99. The City Charter provides that the commission shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Approve or disapprove subdivision plats as provided by state law and city ordinance;
- Recommend to the council approval or disapproval of proposed changes in the zoning regulations and zoning map as provided by state law and city ordinance;
- Make recommendations to the council on the city's master plans;
- Make recommendations to the city manager and the City Council on the city's five-year capital improvements plan; and,
- Perform any other duties as directed by the council or by ordinance.