- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service is available at the Sugar Land Regional Airport. Learn more about clearing U.S. customs and associated fees.
- The airport has an 8,000 foot runway, which is longer than any runway at Houston Hobby Airport. The runway has an all-weather instrument landing system and the state-of-the-art Tom DeLay Air Traffic Control Tower.
- The runway configuration is capable of handling 268,000 operations annually, an "operation" being a takeoff or landing.
- Currently, more than 90,000 operations occur annually and the airport services more than 7,500 aircraft a month.
- A public use facility open 24 hours, seven days a week with services available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. After hours service is available with advance notice.
- Primary focus is general aviation and the corporate business traveler.
- Handles small, private planes to the largest corporate aircraft.
NOTICE: If any aircraft is parked in any manner that, in the determination of the Director of Aviation, presents an operational or safety concern in any area of the airport, the Director of Aviation may cause the aircraft to be moved, at the owner’s/ operator’s expense. The City will not be liable for any damages resulting from the relocation of the aircraft.