International Art & Kite Festival
March 28, 2020
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Crown Festival Park
18355 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77479
An exploration of geographic territories, traditions and talent can be found at the upcoming International Art & Kite Festival, one of the largest spring art festivals in Fort Bend County. Festival grounds will be transformed into a global entertainment venue celebrating the diversity of cultures around the world.
Multiple performance stages and vendors will transport participants on an international journey and no official passports are required!
Attendees are sure to enjoy a variety of visual and performing art forms including cultural stage performances, kite flying, hands-on art activities, demonstrations, live paintings and art competitions. Download the Cultural Stage Performance Application. The deadline to apply is February 17.
On the sprawling landscape of The Crown Festival Park, kite enthusiasts are encouraged to come fly their kites, share kite-flying techniques and decorate the sky with unique and colorful kite designs.
Other Festival Activities
- Inflatable Activity Fun Zone
- Face Painting and Henna Tattoos
- International Fashion Show
- Roaming Character Photo Opportunities
- Art Cars
- Vendor fee: $100
- Items permitted to sale include: jewelry, fine art, crafts, fashion, pre-packaged food, vegetables/fruits
- Download the For-Profit Vendor Application.
- Deadline to apply is March 2.
- There is no vendor fee.
- Countries-Around-the-Globe vendors cannot sale any merchandise.
- Booth spaces are limited. Reservations accepted on a first-come basis per country.
- Non-profit organizations and businesses can participate.
- Download the Countries-Around-the-Globe Vendor Application.
- Deadline to apply is March 2.
- Vendor Fee: $250
- Limited spaces available.
- Download the Food Vendor Application.
- Deadline to apply is February 21.
’Embracing Cultures’ Art Competition
The ’Embracing Cultures’ art competition is open to all ages, shapes, and sizes! Anyone who wishes to compete is encouraged to do so. Gather your ideas and demonstrate your creativity in all competitions. A limited supply of chalk art supplies will be available for use.
Art Competition Categories
- Chalk Art - Create images that portray famous people, landmarks or traditions from around the world.
- Poster Art - Create images that portray famous people, landmarks or traditions from around the world.
- Kite Design - Come fly your most unique kite. Contestants will be judged on the most creative kite design.
Pre-registration is required for art competitions. Based on the quantity of entries received, registration may be an option at the event.
Download and complete the Art Competition Application and send to us by March 2 to qualify. Based on number of entries received, there may be limits to registration onsite at the event so send in your application today!
- First, second, and third place prizes will be awarded for each category.
Art Competition Contest Schedule
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contestants Create Designs
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Contest Judging
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. Winners To Be Announced
Festival Culinary Menu
A variety of diverse food and beverage selections will be available for purchase onsite.
Participants are strongly encouraged to utilize free shuttles that will run continuously from 9:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. from Mercer Stadium, 16403 Lexington Blvd., and University of Houston at Sugar Land, 14000 University Blvd.