At Large Position 2
Council Member Jennifer J. Lane
Council Member Lane is a lifetime resident of Fort Bend County and a very proud granddaughter of men and women who worked at our city’s iconic Imperial Sugar Company for decades.
A 16-year resident of Greatwood, wife and mother, community advocate, Jennifer Lane knows Sugar Land. As a supporter of education, and for teachers and students, Jennifer Lane has been committed to representing and working with board members, elected officials, and is proud to work as a substitute teacher for LCISD. Mrs. Lane is familiar with working with large fiscal budgets, prioritizing issues, and is a champion of honoring Sugar Land’s rich history.
Jennifer has nearly 10-years of experience as a Human Resource administrator working in industries that include the arts, manufacturing, software and consulting. Jennifer and her husband Bill Lane have enjoyed raising seven children in Sugar Land.
May 2018 - May 2020
Civic and Community Involvement
- Member on the Lamar CISD 2020 Citizens Bond Advisory Committee
- Volunteer Youth Minister at Holy Rosary Catholic Church
- Fort Bend County Fair Exceptional Rodeo Volunteer
- Former volunteer at St Theresa Catholic Church
- Former Board Member of Sweetwater Surfers Swim Team
- Former Reading Junior High School PTO President
- Former George Ranch High School’s Band Booster Club
- Former Member and spokesperson of the LCISD Citizen’s Bond Committee
City Council Committees
- Finance and Audit
- Sugar Land Development Corporation (4A) Vice President
- HGAC General Assembly and Board Directors
- BA in Business from LeTourneau University.