News & Information from the City of Sugar Land
Learn more about the city's mosquito control efforts and what you can do to Fight the Bite!
City Council approved the implementation of a new online payment platform called Paymentus.
Were you enrolled in auto-pay with a credit card? Here's how to handle your bill if it is due in September.
For the payment due in September you will have three options to handle your balance due:
More information about the new payment platform is available at www.sugarlandtx.gov/NewWaytoPay
- You may make a one-time payment using your credit card. Please have your account number ready (it is listed on your bill).
- Pay in-person (appointment is required), send the payment by mail or use one of the drop boxes available throughout the city.
- Register in the new system and we will automatically process your next payment.
- When your next bill is issued, that will be due in October, we will carry your balance due to the next month with no penalties.
- Please be aware that you will pay two months of bills in one payment if you select this option.
Notice of Adopted 2020 Tax Rate
The City of Sugar Land adopted a tax rate that will raise more taxes for maintenance and operations than last year's tax rate. The tax rate will effectively be raised by 4.05 percent and will raise taxes for maintenance and operations on a $100,000 home by approximately $6.00.